Rooting is a good thing to do if you are a fan of development or modification things to your phone. In this post, I will share to you a method about how to root Lenovo A800. Lenovo A800 is an entry level smartphone from Lenovo that has quite good specification. Root it will enable you to install root only apps that are usually used for phone development.
DISCLAIMER.Â we will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide. Do it with your own risk.
Note.Â Following this procedure will void your warranty; if you are not okay with this, do not read any further!
Note Before Rooting
- Make sure to charge your phone (75% min) before doing this procedure (100% is highly recommended)
- Install appropriate driver on your PC first
- Appropiate drive for this phoneÂ driver MT6577 USB VCOM (For windows based only)
All of the needed files can be downloaded via this link.
Steps toÂ Root Lenovo A800
- Extract the downloaded file to your PC (Desktop is the recommended location for this)
- Connect your phone to your PC and activate the USB debugging mode first
- Install driver Driver MT6577 USB VCOM (skip this, if you already have appropriate driver installed on your PC)
- Run Runme.bat in Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 folder by double clicking it
- There will be 3 choices, choose 1 to root your Lenovo A800
- Type y and then press enter
- Follow onscreen instructions
- Your phone will be restart itself
- If the root process is done successfully, there will be SuperSE app installed on your phone
- Install Busybox.apk to your phone. You can grab the apk file from the extracted file
- Restart your phone
It’s done and your phone should be rooted right now.